The ENES Climate Analytics Service (ECAS) team will organize a training session at the European Geoscience Union (EGU) general assembly (7–12 April 2019). The session is divided into a teaching as well as a hands on training part and includes:
- presentation(s) on the theoretical and technical background of ECAS. This covers the data cube concept and its operations (eg.: subset extraction, reduction, aggregation). Furthermore, we provide an introduction to the Ophidia framework, which is the components of ECAS for processing multidimensional data.
- tutorials and training materials. Participants will have the opportunity to dive into the ECAS software stack and learn how to manipulate multidimensional data through real world use cases from the climate domain.
Short overview of ECAS
"ECAS allows you to work with Jupyter notebooks and server-side computing and data processing frameworks.
ECAS provides access to data via ESGF and enables easy sharing of results with your immediate colleagues and the wider community."
Interested to Join?
Please sign up and get an account from one of the following ECAS instances:
DKRZ service information
The DKRZ ECAS instance: https://ecaslab.dkrz.de
Usage requires free registration. Please follow the instructions on the website.
The DKRZ instance offers direct access to the CMIP5/CMIP6 data pool. .
CMCC service information
During this training, the participants will learn:
- what the data cube concept is and how is manipulated with ECAS/Ophidia
- how to perform analysis on multidimensional data
- how to publish, access and share data and workflows with ECAS
- how to implement/deploy their own scientific workflows
Austria Center Vienna