To understand the effects of global warming in marine environments, oceanographers analyse and interpret measurements of different physical and chemical parameters, such as temperature or salinity. These parameters are collected by large sea observation consortiums, such as Euro-Argo, for example.
To improve their understanding of ocean circulation and climate machinery, oceanographers need to access original observations from diverse sources.
The Marine Competence Centre has an ambition to deploy ocean observations on EOSC infrastructure for data analytics. The work in the CC focuses on two areas:
- making Argo data more easily accessible for sub-setting and online processing
- simplifying the access to data that reside at SeaDataNet partners from cloud-based applications.
The Argo team assessed the EOSC-hub services for their relevance for the Argo Data Discovery Platform:
- Euro-Argo data are synchronized continuously from Ifremer to B2SAFE
- User personal dataset uploaded in B2DROP
- Jupyter was installed on top of B2SAFE/B2DROP with data access to analyse the regularly published DIVA map of Argo oxygen data.
EGI Notebooks, EGI DataHub, B2SAFE, B2DROP, B2Find, B2ACCESS
Ifremer, Maris, CSC, CINECA, IN2P3